From the patient/caregiver perspective, there are three observations to be made about treating pityriasis rubra pilaris:
- Each PRP journey is unique.
- You are not alone. We are on this journey together. Others have traveled the same road. There is a global PRP community
- What works for one doesn’t work for all. This is the mantra of the PRP global community. Consider this caveat: If it works for one, then there’s hope for me.
Treating PRP focuses on treatment options (prescription drugs and topicals) as well as managing our expectations. We all learn early in our PRP journeys that the efficacy of treatment is a roll of the dice. We also learn that not all dermatologists are created equal. Not all dermatologists are PRP savvy. We want patients and caregivers to have a basic understanding of the options and confident in your ability to ask your dermatologist important questions.
Treatment options for PRP
- Finding and evaluating online resources
- The challenges of step therapy?
- Laddered Treatment for Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris (Dermatology Times)
- The challenges we face treating PRP
- Testing your liver — Food for thought
- The impact of comorbidities on the treatment of PRP
- Mental wellness and the impact on treating PRP
- Issues related to the cost of healthcare — Horror Stories
- Help with travel costs