Issues related to stigmatization
Issues related to stigmatization have not been discussed by the global PRP community in any meaningful way. The following is a reading list for those who want to know more. There are NO online documents that focus on stigmatization and PRP. I guess that the “ball us in our court”.
From WebMed: From PubMed,gov (NationaL Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health:
- (PubMed.gov) The most stigmatized skin disorders
- (PubMed.gov) Stigmatization in dermatology with a special focus on psoriatic patients.
- (PubMed.gov) Strategies to reduce stigma related to visible chronic skin diseases: a systematic review
- (PubMed.gov) Stigmatization and self-perception in children with atopic dermatitis
- Current Opinion in Pediatrics (abstract): The stigma of skin disease
- Karger.com (abstract): Helplessness as Predictor of Perceived Stigmatization in Patients with Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis
- Reuters: People with psoriasis often face stigma, discrimination
- Medium.com: It takes all of us to reduce stigma during disease outbreaks